Violinworks, published in two volumes by Oxford University Press, is a comprehensive violin method for older beginners and improvers. Book 1 takes students carefully from the very first steps to around ABRSM grade 1 standard, and book 2 continues up to around ABRSM Grade 3 standard. Both books contain a wide selection of repertoire (over 200 pieces in total), plus exercises and studies to develop technique, musical awareness and creativity, and detailed descriptions and photos to demonstrate correct playing positions. The accompanying CD includes performance tracks, with piano, string quartet, or band backings, plus aural exercises and PDF piano accompaniments. Violinworks is a complete resource for anyone learning or returning to the violin.
Click on the links below to order your copies of Violinworks direct from Oxford University Press:
In Violinworks books 1 and 2 you will find:
- Thorough, step-by-step guide to the basics of violin technique.
- Wide range of repertoire, including traditional music from around the world, jazz, and well-known classical pieces.
- Accompanying CD of authentic, stylistic performances, performed by professional musicians – play along to piano, string quartet, jazz or folk band accompaniments.
- Exercises to develop confidence in intonation, rhythm, reading music, playing by ear, and improvising.
- PDF Piano accompaniment scores for all the pieces (downloadable from the CD).