Here is the call and response exercise for page 32 of Violinworks Book 2.
- Listen to the audio track below and sing, then play, each group of four notes as an echo in the gap (you’ll hear a metronome click in the gaps to help you stay in time).
- There is a gap at the beginning to allow time for you to get ready to play, then you’ll hear four metronome clicks before the first phrase starts.
- Each phrase is four notes long, and there are four phrases on each string.
- The first phrase starts on 1st-finger Bb on the A string .
- The aim of this exercise is to improve your ear and your intonation. Don’t worry if it takes you a while to work out the notes to start with – the more you practise this kind of exercise the better you will get at recognising the sounds.