This website is currently under construction and will be available from July 2016.
This is the companion website to the Violinworks publications. Violinworks is comprehensive violin method for older beginners, published by Oxford University Press.
This website will contain extensive advice, exercises and demonstration videos to support you as you learn the violin. You’ll find lots of helpful information here, but you’ll get the most out of it if you work through the Violinworks books at the same time. Click on the links below to pre-order Violinworks direct from Oxford University Press:
Order Violinworks Book 2
In Violinworks books 1 and 2 you will find:
- Step by step guides to the basics of violin technique.
- A wide range of repertoire including classical, jazz, and traditional music from all over the world.
- A CD of authentic, stylistic performances of all the pieces with piano, string quartet, jazz band or folk band accompaniment.
- Piano accompaniments for all the pieces (printable PDFs from the CD).
- Exercises to help you develop confidence in rhythm, intonation, reading music, playing by ear and improvising.
On this website you will find:
- Backing tracks for all the pieces in the Violinworks books.
- Video demonstrations of techniques, exercises and pieces from Violinworks books 1 and 2, arranged by chapter.
- Practical information and demonstration videos on everything from buying an instrument to tuning the violin and changing a string.
- Additional exercises, technical and musical tips.
- A discussion forum for players to share their experiences, ask questions and give advice.